- The Ultimate Guide to Digital Literacy
In this ultimate guide, TechBoomers.com gives you a complete breakdown of digital literacy.
- Guide to the Digital Divide: Causes, Impact, and Solutions
This subject is of increasing importance, and TechBoomers.com wants you to be fully in the know. Read on and learn more about the impact of the digital divide.
- Importance of Digital Literacy: 13 Ways It Can Improve Lives
If you don’t want to fall behind, you need to be proactive in your learning of digital technologies. Think of learning digital literacy as an opportunity for learning how to make your life easier, rather than something you need to struggle to keep up with.
- Best Digital Literacy Websites: 32 Great Resources and Tools
Check out this list of 32 of the best digital literacy websites. These websites are 100% free to use!
- The Guide to Digital Competence + 6 Steps to Become Digitally Competence
Digital competence is the ability to not only understand and make use of digital technologies and systems, but also to possess the confidence to use them creatively, critically and without assistance.
- 17 Ways to Enhance Your Digital Skills at Home and in the Workplace
Possessing digital skills is so important in today’s modern world, having digital skills is essential, both for your personal life, and in the workplace.
- Types and Examples of Digital Literacy That Improve Lives
Obtaining basic digital skills around the house will be the backbone of your ability to integrate them into other aspects of your life.
- 14 Digital Literacy Articles You Should Read Immediately
To help you better understand the world of digital skills, here are 14 articles you should read right away! They are sorted into easy categories so whether you’re looking for information on digital literacy in the classroom, the workplace, the home or anywhere else, these are great posts to get started with.
- 8 Sites with Free Digital Literacy Courses and How to Use Them
If you want to learn how to improve your digital literacy skills, here is the solution for you. This article outlines a list of the 8 best sites for free online learning.
- 5 Characteristics of Effective Digital Literacy Programs
Digital literacy programs are educational sessions that help to train those with the inability to make use of digital technologies and the internet independently. They teach digital skills that can be applied to the user’s life, making tasks easier, faster and safer.
- How to Create a Digital Literacy Curriculum
Here are seven simple steps to creating your own digital literacy curriculum. It’s not as challenging as you may think to introduce digital literacy across the curriculum you currently teach.
- Teaching Digital Literacy Skills in the Classroom, Workplace and Community
This article explains the differences between teaching these skills in the classroom environment, teaching them to improve job performance and teaching to help the community.
- The Meaning of Digital Readiness
Since the late 1990s, inequalities in tech adoption have been characterized as the “digital divide,” and the focus has been mainly on the binary “haves versus have nots.” However, there has recently been a pivot in the technology adoption discussion that looks at people’s preparedness, such as their digital skills and their trust in technology, which may influence their use of digital tools separate from their access to them. The term often used to capture these factors is “digital readiness.”
- Digital Readiness Gaps
Americans fall along a spectrum of preparedness when it comes to using tech tools to pursue learning online and many are not eager or ready to take the plunge.
- Lingering Fears from Outdated Screen Time Recommendations Stunt Parent Buy-In
When it comes to the right amount and type of screen time, there seem to be more questions than answers. Check out this article from Ed Surge to explore this important issue.
- Gauging Household Digital Readiness
This study from researchers at Purdue University attempts to create a broader understanding of digital readiness through the development of a digital readiness index (DRI) score.
- Libraries Evolve to Bridge Digital Divide
A written and visual resource, created by the online Master of Library and Information Science program at University of Denver's Morgridge College of Education, that delves into computer and internet access throughout the United States and the role of libraries in providing the access and skills needed to bridge the gap between information and access.